Registration for the 1st Annual Illustrators Day for New Jersey SCBWI is now open!
NOTE: This event is open to non-SCBWI members also, so tell your friends!!!
Space is limited so sign up as soon as you can — this going to be an amazing not-to-be-missed opportunity for illustrators who want to connect with top art directors at leading children's book publishers.
When: Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008
Where: Princeton Theological Seminary, Stuart Hall, Princeton, NJ.
Who: NJ SCBWI with Guest Art Directors Laurent Linn, Simon & Schuster & Patrick Collins, Henry Holt.
Cost: Early Bird (Sept. 1): $175 ($195 non-members) Final Deadline (Sept. 23): $195 ($210 non-members)
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There's plenty of fantabulous reasons to sign up:
• Spend the day with two great art directors from top publishing houses: Laurent Linn, art director at Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers and Patrick Collins, creative director at Henry Holt Books for Young Readers
• Work on a pre-assigned illustration project exclusive to this special event, complete with final critique
• Have your portfolio and/or dummie(s) personally reviewed by an art director
• Hear the latest news and what it's like working at a leading publishing house
• Get a chance to have all your children's book-related questions answered
• Hang out with lots of other cool illustrators
• Enjoy a yummy lunch!
• Sit in on sessions about picture-book dummies and marketing strategies â€¦
And if you need one more reason, how about:
• Help create a little piece of history for the New Jersey Chapter of SCBWI!
All you have to do is: Fill out the registration form and mail with your check (made payable to NJ SCBWI) to:
NJ SCBWI, PO Box 660, Ringoes NJ 08551
You can download the form from the New Jersey SCBWI Web site. Visit: www.newjerseyscbwi.com and select from the events menu.
Hope to see you there and remember: the earlier you sign up, the more money you'll save!!!
Make it a creative day!