Sunday, January 24, 2010

colored pencil drawing progression

Just wanted to show where I am at this point on the colored pencil drawing, which I'm calling Mardi Gras Dog. I'm slowly building up the colored pencil, and I'm working with a limited palette. The cross over area where her right hand is under her left hand is giving me trouble. I love drawing hands, but that area looks like her right hand is bending akwardly (rather than it being two different hands). I'm fairly pleased with the overall result, but it's not finished yet and I don't want to rush it. I'll post again after getting further into the drawing.

6 comments:

pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma Michaels said...

It looks like it will be amazing!

pat said...

This is going to be awesome...I'm already loving the dog's expression. And the hand doesn't look all that stilted to me...it's just sort of dominant in that area right now til you bring some of the other areas up around it, I think. I'm really glad you're posting in progression...always fun to watch things grow.

Cindi said...

Great composition!

http://presentmoment-onlymoment.blogspot.com/

Lisa M Griffin said...

wonderful progression. thanks for sharing your process.

illustration poetry said...

wow i see the progression, yes, Linda this is pretty! and i like so much the masquerade :))