Monday, February 8, 2010

Scenes with Character

I created four scenes with my characters. I'm pretty happy with the first two, but not too sure about the last two. With the last two, I was working outside of my comfort zone: experimenting with the compositions/vantage points. I had a hard time moving the black paint around on the extreme close-ups of the dog, and I'm not sure the character looks the same as the ones in the first two. But, experimentation is how we learn, isn't it? Overall I'm pleased with this experiment!

9 comments:

sara koncilja said...

is that a light saber on the second one? Nice!

Michelle Henninger said...

Sure is! My kids are big into Star Wars these days. Couldn't help myself when drawing this! :)

illustration poetry said...

hi Michelle, i LOVE the dog character! and i agree with you, experimentation is how we learn :)))

Mónica said...

Great work ;)
have a nice day.

Cheryl said...

Awesome playmates, Is the doggy DVader or Yoda?

Carla said...

I looooove those bright colors, Michelle.

les croquis du loup said...

So Cut ! I love the dog and boy character

Mônica said...

Great work, Michelle. You always create fun compositions, using different vantage points, perspectives. I love the "chemistry" between the girl and her dog :-)

Lisa M Griffin said...

these are wonderful. very playful and colorful. If I had to pick a fave, it would be the top one of her reading. It is a sweet composition, love the soft edges too.