Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"picking flowers" my first post

I am so glad that I can join in on this blog! As a first illustration for watercolor Wednesday, I'm posting a preliminary sketch. I hope I can give it a splash of color this week. When I think of spring and children, I think of picking flowers and mums and dads who are not always to happy about it!


I found it very hard to sketch the legs and feet, the pose that I had in mind is more a shy posture of the legs. But okay, I’m not used to draw children/people so I have a lot of practice ahead of me!

Happy springtime everyone!!



5 comments:

Dayle's Painted Diary-Dayle Dodwell said...

You did a beautiful job. She has a lot of character and very sweet. I look forward to seeing the completed piece.

Anonymous said...

What's with all the weird posters in the comments sections?

I love the girl. If I may suggest her pose would be 'shyer' and less awkward at the feet if she was tucking one behind the other?

I love the image she looks so sweet. I can't wait to see the color.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

She is truly a wonderful character. I love the her cute face. Very sweet.

AtelierBrigitte said...

Wonderful drawing.

Linda Kay said...

you've got a great character going here...nice job