Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Saintly Landscape II

Here's what I'm up to--getting a piece ready for a watercolor competition. Everyone's illustrations look great on WaWe--thanks for being such an energetic group! I'd like to encourage postings of what you're working on (it doesn't have to match the challenge) & to please share how you're working--what went into the work, the steps. For me, this is a 14" x 20" watercolor of my St. Bernard & I want it to have a little bit of a surreal look to it. I took several photos of her & combined them. This is larger than I usually work, and I find that I need more "thinking time" with it--hanging it up & looking at it before I continue.

10 comments:

mitchowl said...

This is gorgeous. The dog looks almost photo-real, but better. It really does look surreal. I agree with you about larger pieces taking so much more time. My final in a watercolor class was on a full 24x36 sheet. It was fun, but very intimidating. :)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

My gosh Linda!!!!!! OMG!!!! How wonderfully painted. It's the most beautiful piece ever. I am beyond impressed. It's fabulous and excellent. Such amazing detail and feeling. Great job! I hope you win!
Hugs
V

k.h.whitaker said...

this is beautiful Linda

Charnelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the light feel you have achieved in the piece.

Heather said...

This is just beautiful. Having grown up around St.'s....you've captured their "big beauty" effortlessly.
Hope you win!

Linda Kay said...

thanks everyone for the many great comments!

Leen Christens said...

Beautiful painting, quite a challenge but it looks very real and peaceful.

Sophie said...

Beautiful painting!

sruble said...

Your puppy is so cute and the painting is wonderful! Love the way you've brought her to life (even though she's sleeping). Good luck with the competition!

Gay McKinnon said...

This is so subtle and moody and it does feel surreal - fantastic. I hope you win the competition!