Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Watercolor Wednesday monthly banner...

In the past, Watercolor Wednesdays had a new banner for each month--members would sign up for the month they wanted to illustrate. I'd love to see that happen again. Don't get me wrong, I love our banner & we'll keep Monica Carnesi's beautiful illustration as our logo (thanks Monica!), but I'd love to see more member interaction.

If you're interested in doing a particular monthly banner, please add a comment to this post and let me know what month you're interested in illustrating. It's first come, first serve. Oh...but, there's a little catch. The banner artist sets the challenges for the month (you'll send those to me via email, along with the image for the month a couple of days prior to the end of the month, then I'll post it all). It's not too late for someone to sign up for November!

Hope to hear from you & thanks for being a part of Watercolor Wednesdays!
Linda
We've got a sign up--thanks!:
March - Penny Noble

12 comments:

A Penny for Your Thoughts said...

Hi Linda how about March is that month for the banner taken? Just what is the size in inches I need to make the banner? Let me know....fun idea for the banner to set the ideas for the month!

danuta said...

hello

thank you for visiting my blog - I know, I do not watercolors, I am an amateur and my digital illustrations and pencils are my hobby - you are all very talented

Linda Kay said...

March is good! Thanks for signing up...I'll start my list

Linda Kay said...

Penny: the current banner is about 800 long & 400 high pixels, which is approximately 4" x 2", but you don't need to work that small. You can work a larger, scan it, & send it to me. I can re-size it. There's no set format, so you can work square or in any format that you want (well, I'm not sure that vertical would work!)

Catharine said...

Hi Linda is February open? I see the comment above on size. This would be a fun challenge. Let me know.
Cheers :)

Ashley Stanners said...

Hi Linda,
Is April available?

Linda Kay said...

thanks Penny, Catharine, & Ashley!

Kathy Jurek said...

Hi Linda I will do January if that's still available.

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, I would love to make a banner for May if it's still open?

Greets
Leen

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

I am happy to do December for you Linda. I assume that is all you use it for and the copyright remains with the illustrator?

Linda Kay said...

Thanks everyone for signing up for the banner! Yes, the full rights stay with the artist. We use the art once & only for the banner for that one month. Monica's artwork is used for the banner on a continuing basis because I swapped art with her & received permission to use her image as the logo for Watercolor Wednesdays.Thanks everyone!

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Lind I meant December 2012. I thought it was a thing for 2012. My name is Kayleen too :-)