Monday, May 25, 2009

Field Day


Field Day with dogs at the park! Another thing I remember from the Arkansas conference is to use stop action in illustrations but have something still moving (a scarf, hair, kite), so I used the dog in the background. Without the little dog in the background (try covering it with your thumb), everything totally stops & becomes too stiff. Hummm...hopefully it's working here. I've still got to create "May Flowers" & "School's Out!" School is out for me at the end of this week--maybe I'll be able to keep up better!

3 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

wonderful illustration. That dog has lots of personality and so do the ducks. Amazing work.

Michelle Henninger said...

Fantastic! I love the dog investigating the chickies. Our dog would be upside down on her back begging for the chicks to crawl all over her! This poochie has a lot more restraint! I really like the coloring. Nicely done!

Cheryl said...

Way to go - latching on to something for yourself and working it into your work. Nice job.