Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumkin man





I sincerely apologize about not participating as often as I'd like. I am learning so much from you all but my absence is really for a great cause. In September I enrolled in college to earn my BFA. I am having lots of fun but it's also a lot of work. However, my goal is still to become a children's book illustrator so I'll be here. Just not as much as I'd like.


This is a 15-minute sketch of a pumkin man. Every time I thought about WatercolorWednesdays this man kept popping in my head so I did the next logical thing and put him to paper. Sorry he's not painted but I have to edit my 1200-word research paper that is due tomorrow. I never thought I'd be writing so much while earning a BFA degree but we learn something new every day, don't we.


Until next time...


Carla

4 comments:

Linda Kay said...

so happy for you to be back in school (I love school--could be a student forever). We're happy to have you posting too--cute pumpkin-guy!

sruble said...

Congratulations on going for your BFA! And good luck with all your course work!!

I really like your pumpkin man drawing. He has so much life and could be a really fun character in a Halloween story (or a new headless horseman). Hope you get a chance to play with him some more and color him too :)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Congrats on more education! This is great. I wish you all the very best as you set out on this wonderful journey. It's hard work, but sooooooo worth it. We totally understand and somethings just have to be done. Your Pumpkin dude is quite the guy he he he! I can't wait to see him all colored in.
Best

Julia said...

Sounds like you have exciting days ahead of you working towards your BFA! It's a great opportunity to study and sit in classes... *sigh* some days I miss art school - other days, well... :)

Pumpkin man looks very fun - he has a personality. Can't wait to see how he looks with color!