Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Attitude is Everything

So sorry that I haven't been active with WaWe for awhile. I've been concentrating on drawing and creating fine arts. This image, Attitude is Everything, was recently accepted into the Colored Pencil Society of America's International Exhibition. It will soon be mailed off to the show & will be juried another time--hope it makes it into the final jurored process! I've got several deadlines coming up & hope meet those deadlines. It's something that I promised myself I'd do--create more and enter competitions.

I teach full time & summer is finally here, so I'm going to my studio to work and work happily! Students can & do suck the life out of an artist, but it's my turn & I'm going to dig in. :)

Some thoughts: (1) Most of our members follow Illustration Friday (that's actually where I found most of you!), so if you'd like to link your image here, that would be great. It would bring in traffic & traffic is good. (2) I know we've had several requests for membership--if you're one of them, please re-send your info in comments to this post & Vanessa and/or I will get back to you ASAP. (3) Creative Cup has opened its membership--they're looking for serious illustrators who want to be a part of their critique group. You can visit them at http://www.creativecup.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment if you're interested.

Thanks Vanessa for keeping us going strong! We have a wonderfully creative site. Thanks to all of you for being a part of WaWe!
Linda T. Snider Ward
WaWe Assistant Administrator

4 comments:

Sophie said...

Hi,

I would like to become a member; my email address is scayless@mailstation.com and you can view my work at brecksvillestudio.com/Art/Sophie%20Cayless/index.html.

Thanks!

Sophie Cayless

Anonymous said...

nice to meet you...and your watercolours...

i'm now following your blog...and i invite you on over to see me too!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

pat said...

Awesome work, Linda! I have tried colored pencil and have never been satisfied with the results. Good luck with this piece.

Gay McKinnon said...

I really like this one, like a Holbein in style. The hair is gorgeous.