Friday, February 13, 2009

MIA

Hi everybody. January was not kind with me. I know I've been gone awhile, but I have a very good reason. A simple medical procedure on January 29th went horribly, terribly wrong landing me in ICU for 3 days. I spent another 7 days in the heart and lung recovery wing of the hospital until I was released last Saturday. I am slowly regaining my strength, but it is an uphill climb and it will be several months before I am back to my old self.

I must be getting better though, because my fingers have started itching to draw again. Getting the rest of the body to cooperate is still a struggle. Soon, though, I hope to be able to sit at the drafting table long enough to work through a painting.

9 comments:

mitchowl said...

Holy smokes, girl. Are you okay? I'm so sorry you had a bad spell there. Take it easy for a while.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD??????? OMG!!!!! I'm so sorry about all that has happened Wendy. My goodness Honey!!! Please get some rest and take care. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I can't wait for you to come back when you have recovered and gotten strength once again. You are missed my Darling. Great some rest young lady.

Michelle Henninger said...

Wow! Poor you! I hope you're on the mend, and that you'll just rest, and pamper yourself until you're all better. Poor thing!

Mônica said...

Oh, that sounds so scary...what a terrible ordeal you had to go through, I'm so sorry.

Just rest, and get your strength back. We all hope you'll feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I'm new on the blog here, but I also send my well wishes.
It's a good sign that you were able to come here and post and that you want to sketch!
Take care, and I look forward to getting to know you better on here, when you are better and up to posting more.
Debbie

angelic pursuits said...

I'm sorry that happened to you. Good luck feeling better soon. I always feel that it helps when you've got something (like illustrating!) to look forward to.

Linda Kay said...

Lyon, I'm so sorry you've had such a bad time of it. Please know that we're all sending out hugs, good thoughts, and we're sharing our strength with you too--lots of love coming your way! But, take your time healing so you'll stay well. :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

I am so sorry to here about what you have been going through. I hope that you are truly on the way to recovery now and feeling more and more like yourself every day. The most important thing is to rest and make sure that you get better. Thanks for keeping us posted... sending lots of ++++ thoughts your way.

Heather said...

Oh my. My thoughts are with you. Hopefully drawing will prove theraputic and help your recovery.