Monday, September 15, 2008

Island Dancing





















"With the embarrassing seatbelt-extension episode on the plane forgotten, Ella had a great time learning the hula."

I had a great time with this illo. I kind of liked the colors that happened. I inked this first, then painted with gouache. When dry, I held it under a stream of warm water and let it wash off the extra paint. I had some happy accidents when the paint washed off in patches in the sky making clouds.

I've really been inspired by everyone this last 2 weeks. I haven't taken the time to comment as I have started 3 classes and put in overtime at work this last week, but I've loved them all. Good job everyone!

4 comments:

Linda Kay said...

very cute! She looks so happy with herself to be doing the hula!

Bella Sabbagh said...

Ella looks so happy! Thanks for explaining your technique - what a lovely result!

Mônica said...

Well, Ella is such an adventurous little elephant! I love the lei around her neck, and her body posture. She's really moving!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Two illustrations in one HA! I love it! I hope you posted this one at IF as well! This is two cute. Great work on this one.