Thursday, September 11, 2008

'Umbrella' & 'Dancing'



Hi everyone! I hope you have all been enjoying much creativity, apologies for the lapse in posting. When I joined I had high hopes of contributing consistently but life got in the way - I know we're all busy, so no excuse :> Anyhow, I'm happy to be contributing this week! I'm playing catch up though, so my entry is for last week's prompt 'umbrella' and the current one 'dancing'.

I think all the hurricane watches this past month have impacted my whole being here in Southwest Texas and so I have rain very much on my mind, hence the window view above. Good news is, I just found out that we're only going to get the tail-end of 'Ike' here by Saturday...

Have a great weekend y'all!!

9 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Laura:
Don't worry--there's no pressure here. Nice image--love the pink.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

i heard the Ike hurricane on TV and saw people in Texas getting prepared for it's coming. well i hope everything is OK in your neighborhood. anyway the drawing is cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how you've combined two themes - and the picture and words - really lovely illustration:-)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Very sweet... she reminds me of a dancing doll AND you can never go wrong with pink.
Good luck with everything going on in TX - stay safe.

angelic pursuits said...

Such a fun idea! I LOVED twirling my dresses around when I was young (I still do, for that matter!).

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

How sweet! Any little girl would love this book. The illustration is very well done. You make me happy to be a girl!!!

Michelle Henninger said...

Hope all is well with you and your family and friends! You've done a lovely job - such a sweet little ballerina.

Issi said...

Beautiful :o)

Mônica said...

Such a sweet illustration, and a nice way to combine both themes.
Very lovely!