Monday, September 29, 2008

Tulips and Zinnias and Daffodils . . . oh my!

This was last week's prompt, but mostly intended for the scbwi contest (due tomorrow). It was so hard to get the colors right. I feel pretty good about the way it turned out but, as often happens, the colors aren't nearly as vibrant on the computer as they are on paper. I keep looking at it and liking a lot, but also seeing all of the mistakes. It's harder, I think, when I know that I'm sending this in to be judged, something that I want to show as my very best, and yet I don't feel that satisfaction that it was. Sigh. But I'm glad for the experience and opportunity. Just coming up with the idea was a struggle in itself.  

7 comments:

krisztina maros said...

don't worry about colours Angelic! digital works are ONLY works as way as you would like to see on the monitor. the rest make surprises :) but i really love the colours in this piece because i haven't seen you original version...

and not least, your characters are wonderful!

Bella Sabbagh said...

This is great fun. I agree with Krisztina - the colours look good to me. You've created a real sense of the space they're in, and there's plenty going on. Lovely!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

It's wonderful!! I rather like your choice of color. It's alive and fun! I think you did a great job. I like it a lot. As far as I'm concerned, YOU NAILED IT SISTER! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Good Work!! And good luck. I never feel like the work I do for contests comes out for real as good as it looked in my head.

Half the battle is getting an entry in. Congrats on that!

Linda Kay said...

this is very, very cute & the colors are good--I was going to do one but time got away from me. :(
Good luck with yours--looks like a good one to me!

Mônica said...

I also have a problem when scanning my work, but from this end the colors do look great. It's a very complex scene, with lots of fun details and perspective. You really did a great job! Best of luck! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely - and I wish you so much good luck with the scbwi contest. I love the scene you've created and all the details - it looks like a fun class:-)