Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fairies

Too much frolicking can lead to troubled friendships. Thank goodness for caring, fairy friends to help us out in these trying times!

I wasn't planning on submitting anything for fairies (my last illo took too long and life was crowding in), but I started sketching last night and this is what I pulled together. Once I scanned it in, that rose color was flaming hot (which it isn't in the original), but a little computer fixing made it tolerable for the eyes. My husband has been wanting fairies with flip flops ever since I drew one without them (the flip flops were my son's idea), hence the flip flopped fairies. 

6 comments:

Linda Kay said...

love it! really like that they're interacting like real little girls...great colors too

Cheryl said...

I think they're great. And hey, it's getting flip-flop weather.

krisztina maros said...

they're just lovely! such a great idea drawing fairies with flip-flop :) and I especially love the one with eye-glasses, my littlest little daughter have to wear it now and she's really looks like a fairy with it.

Tatieva art said...

Oh, comme elles sont charmantes, ces petites fées sur fleurs ! Elles sont trés printanières et bucoliques, j'aime beaucoup !

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your husband is the best!!! he he he! Fairies in flip flop it really COOL! These little darlings are so wonderful and the color really pop. Very smart to put them up against that bright yellow! It's wonderful!

sruble said...

I like that you've added a story to the fairy prompt. The fairy in the flower is really nice, and I like the shape of the wing and the hair on the other fairy.