Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Camille and Winston

Here is are my little characters Camille and Winston. I must tell you that I love
creating characters. They live in my head until they are expressed through pen
and ink and watercolor onto paper. Creating characters gives us a chance to express ourselves
as well. Maybe relive your childhood through a character. Or create that person that you would like to be or someone that you remember from the past.
It gives us the ability to play and dream! I encourage ALL of
our WAWE members to really try to do this prompt. You never know what magic
YOU will create that could possibly be the beginnings of a great story book, animation short,
greeting card line, or even toy! And you don't know who or how you will inspire other members. he he he he! Happy creating!!
V

8 comments:

Dear Fireflies said...

Camille and Winston sound like a great duet! I can imagine them getting into all sorts of interesting adventure...Love the wintry feel of this illo too, V!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Thanks so much! I can't wait to put them in a whole spread together!

Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

I love the mini bunny! I want to carry him in my pocket.

illustration poetry said...

Camille is like my little princess...

Michelle Henninger said...

I totally agree! This is a great prompt and you've done a fantastic job once again! I love all the characters that float around, and it's always so much fun to get them down on paper.

Your characters are always so charming, and I love them! Well done V!!

Michelle Henninger said...

Hey V, do you do the patterns digitally? I love them.

Kay Aker said...

Love this new style of yours!

sruble said...

Camille and Winston are really great, and Winston is such a cute bunny! They look like they need a story. Can't wait to see what they do next week!