Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Closet Gnome


And there he was from out of the shadows.

Twinkle in his eye with an attitude and presence.

Done for Watercolor Wednesdays.

I liked the faeries and gnomes of Brian Fround and Allan Lee and wanted to create my own.

I was having my own gnome problems with anything mechanical while making this. I thought my scanner was broken but I think it was my thingy that I plug the ubs cable devices into. Then my answering machine wasn't on and it was giving me the time and not recording my outgoing message. I bought a new scanner which I may not of needed and had to install it. It have me problems because I was still using a plug that didn't work. When I was reinstalling the photoshop that I like using wouldn't open again because of those plug thingy that were not working. So it is now 2:30 am as I write this had I known I could of had this done by early evening. This gnome is a mischievous fellow who seems to be living up to his name. The wild thing boy in the tree and this fellow will get into all sorts of adventures.

I love to hear comments please feel free.

6 comments:

illustration poetry said...

im tellin' you, you are great...

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Dale, Join the club. I'm getting new stuff after thanksgiving!!! Hope everything turns out for with the scanner. I truly know how it is. I went through two in less than 3 years. I love your closet Gnome. I like Gnome in general. They are such whimsical creatures indeed! This is fantastic. Love the color choice. Very rich and full of texture. Great work!

Dear Fireflies said...

Awww...isn't he just the sweetest looking gnome? Love the glowing eyes...great work as always!

angelic pursuits said...

troubles or not, the richness in this is outstanding. You've used great colors and I love the shading and his expression.

Linda Kay said...

your gnome does look very mischievous--great color choice...that nose looks like it gets into lots of other gnome's businesses!

Anonymous said...

the colors are so golden and rich. This is so cool.