Friday, November 20, 2009

wild thing

Finally, finally, finally! This has been sitting on my desk for weeks, and I just got it uploaded. After Linda's invitation to join WaWe (back in October - oy!) I'm "finally" jumping in!

I had in my mind the thought of the wonderful imagination of a child, and how fun it would be if those wild things were fun furry things that came in at night to play hide-and-seek with!

Background got a bit messy, unfortunately. And apparently I still am unsure of how to upload my image properly (so that when you click on it, it opens up enlarged)... assistance please? Thanks!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

When you upload your image in Blogger a link is automatically created for the click to enlarge feature. However if you edit your post by moving pictures around (this usually happens to me when I have more than one) the link gets broken. To fix it you will need to find the image where it is stored in Picassa--which may be something the moderator of WaWe will need to do--and get the link and insert it in the html for the post. Blogger has some tutorials on how to do this I think. But if you just want the easy way--don't drag and drop your image when you are composing your message.

Linda Kay said...

nice image, nice colors...Heather's right, just "attach" your image when you post it. Glad you're on board!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh my how wonderfully whimsical and fun. I really like how you created a the characters own world. Very nicely done! Great work.

illustration poetry said...

i like the tree coming through the window... it's like growing through the window frame.

Julia said...

Thanks Heather! I think I've got the hang of it now. :) Thanks for the feedback - now I just need to get into a rhythm!

Mônica said...

Not one , but several wild things! And I like your idea too, of them coming out at night to play with their friend. I love his hat!