Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Congratulations Michelle & Stephanie!

Congratulations Michelle Henninger & Stephanie Ruble! They both responded to all of the October challenges and have won a prize! Michelle will be receiving a great little prize from Vanessa, and Sephanie will be receiving an equally great little prize from me (Linda). Thanks to both Michelle & Stephanie for being an important and active part of Watercolor Wednesdays (WaWe). It's members like you that keep WaWe going and help it to be a great place to learn and grow for children's book illustrators.

Vanessa has graciously agreed to be co-administrator for the WaWe site! We know how busy you are, and we really appreciate your support and input into WaWe. Vanessa has worked hard to encourage members to better at their craft. She is always there for us--displaying her work and ideas and cheering everyone on--thank you so much Vanessa!

Vanessa and I have will be giving a prize in December also to the illustrator who responds to all prompts. So come on you newbies and all you other WaWe members--lets see your wonderful work!

3 comments:

Michelle Henninger said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited and honored!! I can't wait!! Thanks so much to both of you, Linda for keeping this wonderful site going and inviting me to join way back when, and to V, for always finding a way despite her busy schedule to give everyone the encouragement they need to keep moving forward!!

And, thanks to all the members of WaWe, you are a great bunch of people, who's talents continue to amaze me!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Michelle, thanks so much for your support and friendship. You are the best he he he! Please send me your address so I can send your prize. I plan to take a picture of it today and post so everyone can see what you are going to get! I know that you will enjoy it!!! Just email me at artworkbymsv@yahoo.com and I will put it in the mail to you. Thanks so much Michelle you're a talented woman!

sruble said...

Cool, thanks so much! The prompts in October were great fun and I'm looking forward to the prompts this month too (I'm going to start on them next week).

Thanks to Vanessa for agreeing to be co-chair and for Linda Kay for all she does for WaWe!!!

Being part of this group and doing the prompts has really helped me to hone my watercolor skills and experiment with fun techniques. I'm hoping to add watercolor pieces back into my portfolio next year sometime.