Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween page from my first book.

This is the Halloween painting from my 1st book which came out in 2005. My style has certainly evolved in the last 6 years, hasn't it?

I signed up for both NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo this month. 1200 words on Nano so far. Meant to write this afternoon but a bunch of nieces and nephews showed up unexpectedly, so was playing with babies instead. Still need to open an idea file for PiBoIdMo, but it would be nice to have an idea to write down before I do that.

I am starting pages for my upcoming book (Fall 2010) which has a final art deadline of mid February. I also intend to keep up my daily doodle challenge. I have noticed there is more of an ease to my more involved pieces which I assume is from the daily routine. I like it.

I'll also try and post some of the prompts for this month. But as you can probably see I have a rather full palette already. Oh, I almost forgot, the SCBWI-MO annual fall confluence is next Saturday and I am going. They will be selecting and announcing the new illustrator liaison coordinator for the chapter. I tossed my hat in the ring. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Congrats Wendy and yes indeed you have a full plate!. The illustration looks wonderful. Wishing you all the very best with the new book It sounds so exciting. Have a great time at the Conference.

Linda Kay said...

This is a great image--love the view & mirror image. Good luck with everything at the conference!

sruble said...

Good luck with the coordinator position and with all you're trying to do this month! I like the new painting - keep up the good work! Have fun at the conference!

Carla said...

Wow! Your first book. I'll be looking out for it.

Anonymous said...

Book came out in 2005 in pb - out of print. Came out in hardcover in 2008. Old art everybody - sorry.

angelic pursuits said...

I like it!

Michelle Henninger said...

An oldie, but most definitely a goodie!!